Friday, February 21, 2014

The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion

The Rosie Project
Graeme Simsion


“I haven’t changed my mind. That’s the point! I want to spend my life with you even though it’s totally irrational. And you have short earlobes. Socially and genetically there’s no reason for me to be attracted to you. The only logical conclusion is that I must be in love with you.”

The Rosie Project = totally addicted.
I could not put this novel down and I tried pretty hard. This is a classic love story but written in the view point of a man. I loved it, it was a nice change having a man tell the love story rather than  a women. I fell in love with both characters of the book and ended up reading it in two and a half days.

Don, the main character, is a university professor, genetic scientist, has a schedule and a plan for everything, lives everyday the same way, and has an extreme case of OCD. But he still wanted a wife and once he has an idea in his head, he is going to follow through. Don made a questionnaire to hand out to women to find the "perfect wife" for himself - this questionnaire is hilarious and a glorified paper way of online dating.

When Don met Rosie, she was the total opposite of everything he stated in his questionnaire. She is very beautiful and smart but she has so many flaws that he doesn't think that he will be able to get over. Don knew that Rosie was unsuitable for him but she needed help finding her biological father (the Father Project). He thought that since he was a genetic scientist and that he liked building schedules and plans, this would be the perfect project for him to be in with her. In the middle of the Father Project, Don falls in love. He found himself learning about himself and also about other people. He found himself having fun in Rosie's company and begins to wonder what life was really about.

This was such an awesome book! I have already recommended it to a few friends and they enjoyed the story just as much as I did. It was a great read and a little different that other typical love stories. I can see this being made into a movie within a few years and I cannot wait! I highly recommend this book, I know for sure that you will enjoy it. :)

Till the next review!
Rebekka.

No comments:

Post a Comment