Thursday, February 20, 2014

Never Have I Ever by Katie Heaney

Never Have I Ever: My Life (SO FAR) Without a Date
Katie Heaney

"I've been single for my entire life. Not one boyfriend. Not one short-term dating situation. Not one person with whom I regularly hung out and kissed on the face."

Two overall words for this book:

Hilarious & True !!


After reading this book, I want to go to the nearest Indigo and buy a copy of this for all of my friends! Katie Heaney writes about dating like it is, not how every single girl on the planet makes dating out to be and what it should be. She threw all of her dating expectations out of the door and didn't stress about any boy that crossed her path in her 25 year old life. What if all women could be like Katie? We could focus on ourselves as women and not to try and prove ourselves for just some guy that comes around for a little while.

Reading this novel didn't feel like reading a novel. I felt like I was reading a really long email from an old friend. That is how she wrote this book though. At the beginning, she writes that she hopes that the book feels like you are hanging out with her, drinking, and that she's telling you about her embarrassing adventures in life so far. 

Even if you have went out on dates and kissed boys, you will surely relate to something that Katie says in her book. This is the perfect book for twenty-something women that feel lost, confused, annoyed, unresolved, or angry at their love lives, or just life in general. Katie divided the book up into parts of her life and explained her lack of love life in every part. These parts are:
  1. Elementary/Middle School
  2. High School
  3. College
  4. Grad School
  5. Epilogue 
This made the book flow nicely and I never felt like I was lost or confused at any point in the book. In all of the different parts of the book, Katie was honest and familiar. She was refreshing and she was absolutely hilarious. She is a strong person and writer, has a great group of friends, is confident and sarcastic and witty, and wraps all of this into awesomeness.

I believe that any young woman would love this book, so I would drive to your local Indigo/Chapters right now or log onto amazon.com and get this book for yourself (and maybe a copy for your best friend). I promise that you will not be disappointed!

Till the next review!
Rebekka.



No comments:

Post a Comment