Thursday, February 20, 2014

Reading Challenge 2014.

Welcome to Rebekka's Reading Challenge of 2014!
I could start out this blog by telling my audience all about me. My age, what I do for work and fun, how exciting of a person I am and all of that non-sense. Well...maybe I can fill you in later.

This year in January, I made a goal like most people do after their drunken New Years' parties. I made the goal that I would read 50 books by the end of December 2014. I haven't read in a long time and wanted to get back into it. Reading makes me happy...getting lost in stories and characters...escaping reality for a few hours a day.
Since the beginning of January, I have read 10 books.

  1. The Red House by Mark Haddon
  2. This is Where I Leave You by Jonathan Trooper
  3. A Street Cat Named Bob by James Bowen
  4. The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion
  5. Everything Changes by Jonathan Trooper
  6. The Lover's Dictionary by David Levithan
  7. The Hundred Year Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared by Jonas Jonasson
  8. One Last Thing Before I Go by Jonathan Trooper
  9. The First Phone Call From Heaven by Mitch Albom
  10. Never Have I Ever by Katie Heaney


I have been told that I have been reading too fast by a few people, that I should slow down (I guess that ten books in less than two months is quite the accomplishment). My boyfriend brought up that I should be writing reviews for every book that I read and track this challenge through a blog form.

So that is why I am here. I am going to start writing reviews after every book that I read (I will also write reviews for the past ten books) and share all these wonderful and not so wonderful books with you! I am hoping to run polls and asking for suggestions for what I should read next! This should be a fun one year journey. :)

Rebekka.

No comments:

Post a Comment